Facing foreclosure? You need to do three things: stop worrying about why this has happened to you; resolve to fight the foreclosure and save your home; and read Foreclosure Self-Defense For Dummies. It delivers the knowledge, strategies, and tactics you'll need to take command of your situation and achieve the best possible outcome.
This practical, no-nonsense guide helps you size up your options and increase your chances of saving your home. You'll find out how to delay foreclosure, form a plan of attack, negotiate solutions with your lender, and restore your financial health. You'll also find field-tested strategies for dodging the foreclosure trap, getting out from under a house you really can't afford, and finding help where you might least expect it. Discover how to:
- Regain your emotional composure
- Confront your foreclosure head-on
- Protect your rights
- Assess your situation and weigh your options
- Touch base with key people who can help you
- Stop the financial bleeding
- Team up with your lender to find solutions
- Work out a refinancing deal with another lender
- Avoid quick-fix schemes and scams
- Cash out before it's too late
- Recover from foreclosure
- Re-establish your credit
Complete with a handy cheat-sheet to help you keep your most important tasks in the front of your mind Foreclosure Self-Defense for Dummies gives you the moral support, commonsense guidance, and expert advice you need to make the best of this difficult situation.